December 15, 2012

Soldier's Death

Here's a poem I wrote a while back that I think turned out okay.



    Soldier’s Death
A crack, then a slam as
another body hit the cold
wet earth. The screams and
shouts, pleas for mercy and
yells of rage, filled my ringing
ears. The bodies, silent, unmoving
and terribly mutilated, covered in
blood haunted my waking
dreams. I could hardly
move, it seemed as though I had
lost the little strength I had to
go on. The battle raged around
 me, even as I stumbled helplessly
dripping with sweat, blood and
tears. A loud scream shattered my
reverie and I loaded my rifle though
I doubt I could've used it, had I the
chance. Not moments after, I was
thrown to the ground, a sharp
pain shooting through my body and
my vision darkening. I was hit and
dying, with no one to stop and help
me. I would perish in a foreign land and be
left to rot. I closed my eyes and succumbed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment